WIKAlps is an online open-content collaborative project, that is, a voluntary association of individuals and groups working to develop a common resource of human knowledge. The structure of the project allows anyone with an Internet connection to alter its content. Please be advised that nothing found here has necessarily been reviewed by people with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information.
That is not to say that you will not find valuable and accurate information in WIKIAlps; most of the time you will. However, WIKIAlps cannot guarantee the validity of the information found here. The content of any given article may recently have been changed, vandalized or altered by someone whose opinion does not correspond with the state of knowledge in the relevant fields.
Whilst we endeavour to make sure that all texts on the homepage are (still) accurate and complete, we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. The links to other web sites have been carefully selected, but as we have no influence on their content we do not accept any responsibility for these links.
If you want to be able to edit and add contents, please register here.
Please take into account that some rules have to be respected when contributing:
- Please be aware of the fact that all your contributions will be traceable and you are responsible for the contents you insert in www.wikialps.eu.
- Please keep in mind to edit articles only if you can improve them. We must avoid redundancies and overlapping of information.
- Please respect intellectual property rights and cite the sources from which you obtain information. Please do not publish any information for which you do not have the rights.
- The webmaster reservers the right to refuse logins to single persons, to block user logins, to validate new contents before publishing them or to block or delete contents.
- Articles should include No discrimination, No offensive speech, No fraud, No publicity or compromise other persons or institutions.
Design, installation, and webmaster: Institute for Interdisciplinary Mountain Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences
Institute for Interdisciplinary Mountain Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Innrain 25, 6020 Innsbruck Austria (Directors: Margreth Keiler, Andrea Fischer)
The Austrian Academy of Sciences is a legal entity under the special protection of the Federal Republic of Austria (BGBl 569/1921 as amended in BGBl I 130/2003). Address: Dr. Ignaz Seipel-Platz 2, 1010 Vienna, Austria
This wiki informs about the scientific activities of the Alpine Space Projects WIKIAlps and AlpES, thus following the mission to promote the sciences and humanities in every respect and in every field.
- WIKIAlps project partners: EURAC research; Fondazione Montagna Sicura; ifuplan; IRSTEA; ZRC SAZU; ÖAW-IGF; SAB
- AlpES project partners: EURAC research, UIBK, ÖAW-IGF, CEREMA, FondMS, VR, PiemR, IRSNC, Office of Environment, Ifuplan